THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
VICE PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION
TENDER NO. ME 002/2019-2020/VPO/C/0-01 FOR REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO UNDERTAKE TRAINING ON RENEWABLE ENERGY IN LANDSCAPE LEVEL
GRANT – TANZANIA – GEF 9132
- This Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) published in the Tanzania Procurement Journal No. ISSN 1821-6021- V OL XII 32 of Tuesday, 6th August, 2019 and the Vice President’s Office website and PPRA website.
- The Vice President’s Office (VPO) through an Integrated Approach Pilot (IAP) Program on Fostering Sustainability and Resilience for Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa (IAP-FS) intends to enhance Sustainable management and resilience of ecosystems and services from land, water, biodiversity and forests as a means to address food insecurity in the country. At the same time, it will safeguard and climate proof the long term productivities potential of critical food production systems in response to changing of human needs. The efficient cooking stoves and alternative renewable energy sources training will be provided to communities in the selected districts in the project areas of Kondoa, Mkalama, Nzega, Magu and Micheweni. This will be done in collaboration with the community Farmers Field School (FFS) and Natural Resources Management (NRM) groups working on sustainable woodland management and establishment of tree nurseries where prioritized in their Village Land Use Plans (VLUPs) and the related Community Action Plans (CAP).
- The Vice President’s Office (VPO) now invites eligible Consultants to express their interest in providing the services. The interested Consultant must provide information indicating that, they are qualified to perform the services. The qualification required include: The national expert with the following qualifications and experience to address this assignment is welcomed to apply: The expert should have a relevant expertise in environmental studies, climate change, natural resources management, energy, or a closely related field; a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in similar assignments; Demonstrated solid knowledge of efficient cook stoves and models for their sustainable uptake as well as other alternative energy technologies and experience in undertaking assignment related to feasibility assessment of alternative energy sources in rural villages.
- Please note that, this is NOT a request for Technical or financial proposals. After a review of Letter of Expression of Interest, a short list will be prepared and the individual/firm who will demonstrate to be more capable of undertaking the assignment will be invited to submit their technical and financial proposals.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered by email in pdf format (E-mail: email@example.com) or sealed envelopes by hand or by courier to the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office, Jakaya Kikwete Road, third floor, NHIF Building – Dodoma. The outer envelope must clearly be marked “NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 10:00 hours, local time on 16th October, 2019.
- The short list and final selected consultant will be carried out in accordance with procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 as amended in 2016; and Selection and Employment of Consultants Regulations.
- Interested consultants/firms may obtain further information from 08.30 to 15.30 Hours local time (Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays in the office of the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office.
- Late submitted Expression of Interest (EoI) will not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of circumstances.
The Permanent Secretary,
Vice President’s Office
Tel: 255 262329006
Jakaya Kikwete Raod,
NHIF Building 3rd Floor,
Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board