To provide legal expertise and services to the Office.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Provide legal assistance to the Office and its institutions under the Office on interpretation of laws, terms of contract, terms of agreements, privatization agreements, procurement contracts, guarantees, letters of undertaking, memorandum of understanding, consultancy agreements and other type of agreements, and other legal documents;
- Provide technical support in preparation of legislative instruments including enactments of Parliament and subsidiary legislation(s) and forward to the Attorney General’s Chambers;
- Analyse and advise on Acts, regulations and guidelines related to Union and Non-Union matters;
- Participate to various negotiations and meetings that call for legal expertise on environment management and Union and Non Union matters;
- Interpret legislation(s) related to environment management;
- Litigate civil cases and other claims involving the Office in liaison with the Office of Attorney General Chambers; and
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the implementation of directives related to legal matters on Union and Non Union; and
This Unit will be led by a Principal Legal Officer.