NATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST UNDER THE GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT FACILITY FULL SIZE PROJECT: ECOSYSTEM – BASED ADAPTATION FOR RURAL RESILIENCE IN TANZANIA
PROJECT CODE: 5695
TENDER NO: ME/002/2018 – 2019/VPO/C/01 – 11 FOR
PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR SUB – CONTRACT CONSULTING FIRM IN CHARGE OF THE DESIGN AND THE ELABORATION OF THE STRUCTURE OF THE KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- The Government of United Republic of Tanzania has received funds from the Global Environment Facility (GEF)/ Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) towards the cost of Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Rural Resilience in Tanzania for a total duration of five (5) years. The Executing Agencies for the project is the Vice President’s Office under the Directorate of Environment (VPO – DoE) with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MALF). United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the Implementing Agency for the project, as such accountable to GEF for the effective and efficient use of funds. It intends to apply part of the proceeds of this funds to procure the Firm which will perform the Consultancy service for design and elaborate structure of knowledge management system.
- Under this consultancy, the project aims to procure the Consultant who will Work with the project management team (PMUT) and ensuring close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Fisheries and specifically the district technicians, the VPO and UN Environment, the overall objective of this assignment will be to improve stakeholders capacity to adapt to climate change through Ecosystem – Based Adaptation (EbA) approaches and undertake resilience building response, to increase resilience in project sites through demonstration of EbA practices and improved livelihoods and strengthen information base on EbA supporting an up – scaling strategy.
- The Vice President’s Office (VPO) now invites eligible Firms to express their interest in providing the services. The interested Firms must provide information indicating that, they are qualified to perform the services. The qualification required include: Masters degree in Communication, Social Scince, International Affairs, International Development, Policy analysis, Economics, Public Administration, Geographic Information System, Management of Information System or related field, a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in knowledge management communication and organization learning of foreign assistance activities. Also a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in GIS/IT .
- Please note that, this is NOT a request for Technical or financial proposals. After a review of Letter of Expression of Interest, a short list will be prepared and the individual/firm who will demonstrate to have more capable of undertaking the assignment will be invited to submit their technical and financial proposals.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered by email in pdf format (E-mail: email@example.com) or sealed envelopes by hand or by courier to the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office, Makole street, seventh floor room, wing A, LAPF Building – Dodoma. The outer envelope must clearly be marked “NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 10:00 hours, local time on 3rd January, 2019.
- The short list and final selected firms will be carried out in accordance with procedures set out in the Public Procurement (amendment) Act, 2016; and Selection and Employment of Consultants Regulations.
- Interested consultants/firms may obtain further information from 08.30 to 15.30 Hours local time (Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays in the office of the Secretary of the Ministerial Tender Board, Vice President’s Office.
The Permanent Secretary,
Vice President’s Office
- O. Box 2502
Tel: 255 262329006
LAPF Building7th Floor,