The Union Division
The Union Division was established in 1998 as Secretariat with the aim of coordinating union matters and providing linkages on non union matters and became a Division in July, 2004.
The Division mainly dealing with general matters related to the Union including social, political, legal, constitutional, economical and financial matters.
- To coordinate meetings on Union issues of the Joint Committee of the United Republic of Tanzania (URT) and the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar (RGoZ);
- Monitoring the Implementation of issues raised and advised by the Joint Committee of URT and RGoZ to reduce bottlenecks that affect the union;
- Coordinate economic, social and Legal issues in the Union for the benefit of both sides;
- Raising Public awareness on Union and non Union issues; and
- Coordinate non-union issues.